- Pro to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
“That’s a lot to think about. So let’s give the undocumented legal status as soon as possible so they can’t be deported by an administration that has shown a knack for apprehensions and removals.
And yet let’s also make the path to citizenship long enough so those who travel it have time to process it all and difficult enough so that, if they eventually get citizenship, they’ll treasure it.”
“Path to Citizenship Should Be a Long Hike,” cnn.com, Feb. 8, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Columnist, Washington Post
- Contributor, Los Angeles Times, Fresno Bee, Chicago Tribune, Arizona Republic, and others
- Member, USA Today Board of Contributors
- Guest Host, Life & Times, PBS
- Guest, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, NPR, The PBS Newshour with Jim Leher, and Tell Me More with Michel Martin
- Reporter, San Diego Union-Tribune, 2005-unknown
- Editorial Board Member, Dallas Morning News, July 2000-2005
- Reporter and Columnist, Arizona Republic, 1997-1999
- Former Substitute Teacher
- Former Radio Talk Show Host
- MPA, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- BA, with honors, Harvard University, 1990
- Born on May 11, 1967 in California
- Lives in San Diego with his wife and three children
- Twitter handle: @rubennavarrette
- Quoted in: