- Cardinal and Archbishop of the Archdioceses of Los Angeles
- Pro to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
“A recent poll is good news for all of us working to secure legal residency and a path to citizenship for the 11 million undocumented living in our midst. Some 62% of those polled believe there should be a path whereby these people can come out of the shadows and become members of our society.”
Roger Mahoney, “62% Favor Undocumented to Become Citizens,” Cardinal Roger Mahoney Blogs LA, Jan. 24, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Archbishop of the Archdioceses of Los Angeles, 1985-present
- Elevated to Cardinal during Pope John Paul II Papacy, 1991
- Former Bishop of Stockton, 1980-1985
- Former Titular Bishop of Tamascani and Auxiliary Bishop of Fresno, 1975-1980
- Ordained Catholic Priest, Fresno Diocese, 1962
- First native Angeleno and the third Archbishop of Los Angeles to become a Cardinal
- Attended the National Catholic School of Social Science, Catholic University, Washington, D.C.
- Attended St. Johns Seminary, Camarillo
- Attended Mission Hill’s Queen of Angels Seminary
- Attended Los Angeles College Preparatory Seminary
- Attended Saint Charles School, North Hollywood
- None found