- Operations Manager and Corporate Vice President of Alpha Express, Inc. in Waterloo, IA
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
“A targeted legislative proposal to require all employers to use [E-Verify]… would come at a serious cost to small business owners, particularly if not packaged with broader immigration reform…
[E]ven if the program’s error rates are held at current levels, an estimated 156,000 authorized workers would be threatened with job loss by system errors. If error rates rise with the expansion of the program, this problem will be magnified, costing time and money for workers and business owners to fix mistakes, and taking their focus away from building businesses, serving customers, and creating jobs.
These problems will be compounded for authorized immigrant workers and business sectors that have a disproportionate share of immigrant workers, like food service and landscaping…
[S]tand-alone E-Verify is simply out of touch with economic reality. Without broad reforms to modernize our immigration laws and help the 11 million aspiring Americans who live here now but in the shadows, mandatory E-Verify won’t fix our immigration problems; it will only drive more economic activity underground. The Congressional Budget Office estimates this could cut tax revenues by $17 billion over 10 years – not good for the country’s bottom line.”
Cowritten with David Borris and Cristina McNeil, “On Its Own, E-Verify Places Too Heavy a Burden on Small Businesses,” washingtonpost.com, May 17, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Operations Manager and Corporate Vice President, Alpha Express, Inc. (Waterloo, IA)
- Founder and Owner, Popcorn Heaven
- Founding member, Iowa Main Street Alliance
- Member and former Board member, ICAN (Iowa Citizen Action Network)
- Former Executive Committee member, Main Street Alliance
- Graduated, degree unknown, Wartburg College, 1997
- Testified on equity issues and the Paycheck Fairness Act before the US Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions, Apr. 1, 2014
- Testified on health care reform before the US House Education and Labor Committee
- Spoke at a press conference on the US Capitol steps for Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) announcement of an economic agenda for women, 2013
- Twitter handle: @Reshonda
- Quoted in: