- Research Assistant at the Center for American Progress
- Pro to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
“As our study demonstrates, legal status and a road map to citizenship for the unauthorized will bring about significant economic gains in terms of growth, earnings, tax revenues, and jobs—all of which will not occur in the absence of immigration reform or with reform that creates a permanent sub-citizen class of residents. We also show that the timing of reform matters: The sooner we provide legal status and citizenship, the greater the economic benefits are for the nation.”
“The Economic Effects of Granting Legal Status and Citizenship to Undocumented Immigrants,” Center for American Progress website, Mar. 20, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Research Assistant, Economic Policy Department, Center for American Progress
- Former Research Fellow, Cornell University
- MSc, Migration Studies, University of Oxford
- BS, Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University
- Twitter handle: @patrickoakford
- Quoted in: