- Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
“Our responsibility at ICE is to do everything we can to enforce our laws, but enforcement alone will not solve the problem. Accordingly, the President has called on Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform that accomplishes three objectives: strengthening border security, ensuring a comprehensive interior enforcement strategy that includes worksite enforcement, and establishing a temporary worker program. Achieving these objectives will dramatically protect our infrastructure, reduce the employment magnet that draws illegal workers across the border, while eliminating the mistakes that accompanied the 1986 legislation.”
“Testimony Before the House Committee on Ways and Means,” U.S. House of Representatives, July 26, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with advanced degrees in fields relevant to immigration. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to immigration.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Former Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Assistant Secretary for Export Enforcement, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Chief of Staff for the Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Money Laundering and Financial Crimes, U.S. Treasury Department
- Assistant United States Attorney, Eastern District of New York
- Associate Attorney, Mayer, Brown & Platt, Chicago, IL
- Clerk, Honorable C. Arlen Beam of the United States Court of Appeals, Eight Circuit
- Winner, Moot Court Langfan First-Year Competition, Cornell Law School, 1992
- JD, Cornell Law School
- BA, Baylor University
- Julie Myers is the niece of Richard Myers, retired U.S. Air Force General and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs.
- Quoted in: