- 84th United States Attorney General
- Con to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
“I will not support citizenship for people who entered the country illegally…
There needs to be some difference between what we do for a person who enters the country legally and those who enter illegally.
And there’s no moral, no legal, no principled reason why this United States government should reward people who broke the law and entered the country illegally with every benefit that you give to somebody who comes lawfully.”
“Sessions Takes on Senate Immigration Gang, Vows to ‘Expose’ Flawed Bill,” cnn.com, May 21, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with advanced degrees in fields relevant to immigration. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to immigration.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- 84th United States Attorney General, Feb. 9, 2017-Nov. 7, 2018
- US Senator (R-AL), 1997-Feb. 8, 2017
- Recipient, Reserve Officers Association Minuteman of the Year Award, 2000
- Alabama Attorney General, Jan. 1995- Jan. 1997
- United States Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama, 1981-1993
- Lawyer (private practice), Mobile, Alabama, 1977-1981
- Captain, US Army Reserve, 1975-1985
- Lawyer (private practice), Russellville, Alabama, 1973-1975
- JD, University of Alabama, 1973
- BA, Huntingdon College, 1969
- Twitter Handle: @jeffsessions
- Legal name is Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III
- Born Dec. 24, 1946 in Selma, Alabama
- Quoted in: