- Former US Senator (D-CA)
- None Found to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
No position found as of Aug. 6, 2009
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with advanced degrees in fields relevant to immigration. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to immigration.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- US Senator (D-CA), Mar. 4, 1915 – Mar. 3, 1921
- President/Fund Custodian, Board of Directors, San Francisco Relief and Red Cross Funds, 1906
- Member, Committee of Fifty (for earthquake relief in San Francisco), 1906
- City Mayor, San Francisco, CA, 1897-1902
- Former Partner, Phelan & Son
- Former Chairman, Board of Directors, United Bank & Trust Co.
- Former Honorary Member, English Club, San Jose State Teachers College
- JD, University of California at Berkeley
- AB, University of San Francisco, 1881
- St. Ignatius High School
- Died in Montalvo, CA on Aug. 7, 1930
- Born in San Francisco, CA on Apr. 20, 1861