- Senior Fellow in Communications at the Heritage Foundation
- Con to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
“Unfortunately, President Obama seems poised to give amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants through executive order after the election… There are numerous reasons to be both outraged and concerned about Obama’s plan to go around Congress before year’s end, wielding his phone and pen strategy, to give amnesty.
Is the president, who is so concerned about raising the minimum wage, not the least bit concerned about how a flood of low-skill workers would affect the US economy and many of the very American citizens he says he wants to help move up the economic ladder? Is he willing to ignore the huge burden amnesty will place on American taxpayers?…
[A]nd considering we appear to have very little control over our borders, with tens of thousands of people flooding the southern border earlier this year, and that the Obama administration has trouble even deporting criminals who are here illegally, Americans are right to be concerned about their safety and security.”
“Latest Reason to Oppose Amnesty? Voter Fraud,” dailysignal.com, Oct. 29, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Fellow, Communications, Heritage Foundation, 2014-present
- Senior Contributor, Heritage Foundation publication The Daily Signal, 2014-present
- Fellow, University of Chicago Institute of Politics, 2015
- Vice President of Marketing, Heritage Foundation, 2006-2013
- Chief Executive Officer, W Media, 2004-2013
- Vice President for Communications, Family Research Council, 2001-2004
- Executive Director, Leadership Institute’s Center for Print and Broadcast Media, 1998-2001
- Recipient, Rising Star in Politics Award, Campaigns & Elections magazine, 2000
- Deputy Press Secretary, Republican National Committee, 1998
- BA, History, College of Charleston, South Carolina, 1990
- Twitter handle: @genevievewood
- Formerly held media positions with NPR, NBC News, and National Empowerment Television