- US Senator (R-WY)
- None Found to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
No position found as of July 29, 2009
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with advanced degrees in fields relevant to immigration. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to immigration.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- US Senator (R-WY), 1890-1893, 1895-1929
- Governor of Wyoming Territory, 1885-1886, 1889-1890
- Mayor, Cheyenne, Wyoming Territory, 1885
- President, Wyoming Territorial Senate, 1873-1874, 1884-1885
- Treasurer of Wyoming Territory, 1876, 1879, 1882, 1884
- Former Private and Noncommissioned Officer, Forty-ninth Regiment, Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, Union Army
- Recipient, Medal of Honor, Gettysburg, PA, July 3, 1863
- Attended Hinsdale Academy
- Died in Washington, DC on Nov. 24, 1929
- Born in Berkshire County, MA on June 20, 1844