- Sterling District Supervisor of Loudoun County, Virginia
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
“Illegal immigration is taking a greater and greater toll on this community… While lax federal and state enforcement allows the problem to develop, local government is also at fault when it rewards law-breakers with access to free taxpayer-funded services. Giving away free services to people whose very presence is a felony is unfair to people who obey the law. More and more of their own money goes to support lawbreakers and subsidized increasing problems of overcrowding, litter and gang crime. It’s an insult to native-born taxpayers and taxpayers who took the time and effort to come here legally. We must be responsible, both fiscally and legally. That is why we are introducing this item [2007 Loudoun County Resolution] to begin the process of legally terminating taxpayer-funded services to illegal aliens.”
“A New Beginning,” www.joineugene.com, July 17, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Sterling District Supervisor of Loudoun County, Virginia, 1999-present
- Executive Director, Public Advocate [conservative non-profit organization], 1981-present
- Chairman, Finance/Government Services Committee, Board of Supervisors, Sterling District
- Boardmember, Transportation/Land Use Committee, Sterling District
- Loudoun County Representative, Virginia Regional Transportation Association (VRTA), Northern Virginia Transportation Commission, Dulles Area Transportation Association (DATA), Route 28 Transportation Improvement District Commission, and Potomac Watershed Roundtable
- Director, Young Americans for Freedom
- Member, Rotary International
- BA, Political Science and Economics, York College/CUNY, 1976
- None found