- Con to the question "Should the Government Allow Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally to Become US Citizens?"
“As long as they get to remain in the United States legally, they will have jumped ahead of those in their home countries who are attempting legal entry. The newly legalized illegal immigrants will be able to have children born here that will be given automatic American citizenship, with rights to a multitude of means-tested welfare benefits, and non-means-tested entitlements. These children will become the anchors for future citizenship applications from their parents. These benefits will not accrue to those who remain in their countries while attempting to come here legally.
There is only one way to ensure that illegal immigrants go to the back of the line, and that the rule of law is respected. Illegal immigrants must leave the United States without any change in their status under the law beyond what is available to them under present law and present lawful regulations promulgated in compliance with present law.”
Allan Favish, “Senator Ted Cruz’s Contradictory Position on Illegal Immigration,” American Thinker website, Mar. 28, 2015
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Member, Washington, DC Bar, 1999
- Member, California State Bar, 1981
- JD, University of California Hastings College of Law, 1981
- BA, Political Science, University of California at Los Angeles, 1977
- Admitted to practice before the US Supreme Court in 2002
- Quoted in: