Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc., in an undated article accessed on Aug. 17, 2017, "Five Facts about State Mandatory E-Verify Laws," available at, stated:

“Mandating employer use of E-Verify would push more workers into the underground, off-the-books, cash-based economy. This would give the state far less tax revenue and would give unscrupulous employers more tools to coerce workers. The unauthorized workers targeted by these measures are taxpayers, consumers, and job-creators. Decreasing their economic well-being will have depressive effects that ripple through the state’s entire economy…

Mandating E- Verify for all employers will cause the error rate to expand and will be difficult to implement in an inexpensive and timely manner. Currently, E-Verify is used by only 7 percent of employers. Mandating that the remaining 93 percent of employers join the program would likely cause the error rate for all workers to increase, given the enormous expansion of E-Verify that such a mandate would require.”

Aug. 17, 2017